Director of Marketing
80/20 Plants is the leading plant-based coaching service that moves people and the planet toward a healthier future. We face more than one crisis, and good nutrition can profoundly improve the trajectory of our collective health.
80/20 Plants offers a personalized path to plant-based eating by putting an on-call nutrition team in your pocket.
Our mission is to help the mainstream consumer transition to a plant-based diet by creating the modern alternative to Weight Watchers.
We have big plans, and a critical mission to reverse the dire health trends in the US and around the globe.
(This is a fully-remote team, so you can work from anywhere!)
Plain English Role Description
We are looking for an experienced Saas direct-to-consumer marketing professional to scale 80/20 Plants.
We’re looking for someone who has some experience, but most of all, has a growth mindset and willingness to endure the “startup journey.” This is fun and rewarding, but not easy. And no two days will be the same in a fast-paced environment. As our Company grows, you will be pushed to grow as a person and a professional.
If this role is a good fit, you’re passionate about all facets of brand, sales, and product marketing (and you energetically blend these approaches seamlessly). Whether it’s conducting data analyses for strategic decision-making or cutting and pasting (with scissors), you’re up for it. You have entrepreneurial spirit and (like us) are obsessed with getting the job the done. You don’t mind long hours and rolling up your sleeves.
You will build a world-class marketing team and ensure it has the required abilities to work, learn and grow fast. But we don’t need a “manager” today; we need a doer — someone who can conceptualize creative design, write ad copy and marketing emails, and work with outside freelancers to drive the marketing machine on a daily basis.
This is a generalist position where you will have ownership over all external communications including paid-ads and other digital channels, content development, and social media.
Equity in the Company is available. Over time, this role has the potential evolve into a management role and potential “Chief Marketing Officer.”
The Formal Description
The Director of Digital Marketing will develop, implement, track and optimize campaigns and programs that drive brand awareness, engagement, acquisition, and conversion across all digital marketing channels.
This role is also responsible for 80/20 Plants retention and acquisition strategy, driving best practices and overseeing marketing programs including email, social, search, affiliate, loyalty, subscription and influencer.
Must be a creative, data-driven critical-thinker with a proven track record in marketing technologies, analytics, and multi-channel demand generation campaigns. This role will work closely with a team of founders, along with agencies, freelancers, and other stakeholders.
● Build campaigns and manage all communication plans and projects with internal stakeholders for Social, Email, Search, Affiliate, Loyalty, Subscription and influencer campaigns, with particular emphasis on paid-advertising (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Google, et al)
● Leverage digital tools to deliver high return, personalized cross channel communication and digital marketing experience
● Cultivate and maintain credibility with high-profile partners and their management teams
● Develop CRM and digital marketing strategy, including segmentation
Offer strategies to increase customer engagement and retention, lifetime value and experience
● Oversee vendor relationships & media partnerships
● Measure and report on the effectiveness of the digital marketing activities and implement improvements as required – heavy emphasis on the ability to interpret and organize data to drive decisions and shape strategy
● Develop and drive testing strategies, including A/B multi-variant testing for advertisement and landing page optimization
● Build and lead a marketing team by example with a servant leadership approach
● At least a bachelor’s degree (preferably in marketing, communications, or related field, but not required)
At least 5 years of digital marketing experience (preferably 7)
Strong results-oriented and metrics-driven approach to problem solving. The candidate will have experience setting goals and KPIs and track and surpass them.
Attitude of equally a manager and a doer
Proven campaign management and digital platform capabilities including the ability to plan end-to-end campaigns and execute
● A passion for continuous testing and optimization
● High degree of initiative, resourcefulness, personal responsibility
● Excellent communication, presentation, writing and organizational skills. Preferably copywriting skills in order to communicate the narrative effectively.
● Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously and prioritizing time and resources based on business impact.
Proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
80/20 Plants is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]